Redevelopment of the Old Market square – a supplementary study on determining the amount of precipitation water on the area of the Old Market Square (Poznań).
The aim of the project was to prepare a concept plan of stormwater drainage system of the Old Market Square area in Poznań and implementation of partial stormwater retention and reusing it in-situ. (in order to resign from the current “collect and drain” concept).
The project included:
- preparing precipitation model – design rainfall intensity model for the city of Poznań,
- determining the maximum value of stormwater runoff,
- determining watershed boundaries of the Old Market Square,
- sporządzenie wielowymiarowej koncepcji systemu odprowadzaniu wód opadowych, preparing a multidimensional concept of a stormwater drainage system,
- estimating the costs of the investment,
- selecting the best locations for retention basins installation.
Bentley’s CivilStorm CONNECT Edition software for hydrodynamic modelling and gravity stormwater drainage systems was used to prepare the design.