Bydgoszcz focuses on Green-Blue infrastructure. One of the goals of the City Water Circles project implemented by Bydgoszcz in cooperation with a number of European cities was to prepare a concept for implementing Green-Blue Infrastructure at selected public buildings: schools and municipal office buildings.
In selected locations, the project will finance the construction of rain gardens, retention and impervious paved surfaces will be replaced with environmentally friendly solutions.
- How to change the concrete and poor surroundings of public facilities and archaic school grounds in order to arrange the space and use rainwater in an environmentally and resident-friendly way?
- The concept of building rain gardens, retention, changes in landscaping with the use of greenery and its supply of rainwater.
- The project used data from the PANDa precipitation model.
- Practical, phased and priced technical solutions for green-blue infrastructure, ready for implementation.
- Decrease sealed areas by 28%, reduce surface heating, reduce flooding, while increasing public awareness and preparing great participatory projects for residents and families.