The aim of the project was to prepare an analysis and to complete the local precipitation model (design rainfall intensity model) for the city of Bydgoszcz. An updated local precipitation model for Bydgoszcz was to be used as the database for hydrological and hydrodynamic models of the city’s drainage systems composed of closed stormwater canals with retention facilities and also a complementary system of open channels often being the receivers of stormwater runoffs.
The scope of the project included:
- presentation of the adopted study methodology and the analysis and physical interpretation of a number of precipitation intensity in Bydgoszcz, and in particular:
- expanding local precipitation database for Bydgoszcz with data from 2010 ÷ 2015 on the basis of precipitation series collected by electronic rain gauge installed at Grudziądzka street;
- assessing the quality of collected precipitation data in order to prepare a design rainfall precipitation model for the city of Bydgoszcz;
- determining the maximum rainfall depth for precipitation time of 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, 120, 180, 360, 720, 1080, 1440, 2160, 2880 and 4320 min.;
- organising the maximum rainfall depth in frequency distribution and identifying their values matching precipitation probability of p = 3%, 5%, 10%, 20%, 50% and 100%.
In order to prepare the study two precipitation series were used with data collected by two different rain gauges located in the city centre, close to each other. The rain gauges are located at al. Ossolińskich and Grudziądzka streets, less than 2 km away from each other.